Lateral Flow Immunoassay Development
Why choose a Lateral Flow Device as a diagnostic test?
- Rapid results in under 15 minutes
- Affordable for areas where infectious diseases are rife
- Doesn’t require electricity
- Doesn’t require cold chain storage/logistics
- Doesn’t require complex equipment to use or read
- Gives ability to triage and treat at Point of Care
Lateral flow immunoassay development
Lateral flow immunoassay development is often considered to be a simple step when an antibody pair has already been identified by ELISA. The reality is often very different. Expertise is required in conjugating antibodies to colloidal gold or latex particles, and in assessing which components of the lateral flow strip (such as conjugate release pads and nitrocellulose membranes) are most suitable for a particular assay. These are steps that rely as much on experience as on technical ability.
In addition, specific equipment is required to undertake LFD development beyond the very earliest stages. This includes dispensing platforms and high quality guillotine cutters to prepare high quality LFD strips.
The Native Antigen Company difference
We can support you through the development of your LFD device from any stage. If you already have an antigen and antibodies available we will be pleased to use these to determine their performance in LFD applications, and for ongoing development.
However, if your idea is at a much earlier stage we can prepare your antigens, raise your antibodies, and then use these to develop LFD devices to meet your requirements.
Using properly folded and glycosylated proteins from our mammalian expression system gives our development team the edge in Lateral Flow Device development.
- Custom antigen production
- Antibody raising using custom antigen as immunogen (mAbs and pAbs)
- Antigen/antibody pair optimisation in ELISA
- Initial LFD feasibility studies
- BioDot XYZ360 platform and Guillotine cutter.
- Prototype Lateral Flow Device development