Lateral Flow Assay Development
At The Native Antigen Company, the development of lateral flow devices (LFD) is undertaken by a specialist team, with experience in working on some of the highest volume lateral flow assays in the world. Our LFD development team strives to consistently provide robust and reproducible assays to your specifications and timelines.
Developing Your Assay
Why use lateral flow devices for diagnostic tests?
- Rapid results in under 15 minutes
- Cost-effective solution in areas where infectious diseases are rife
- No power source required
- No cold chain storage or logistics required
- Requires minimal training to use and read
- Gives ability to triage and treat at point of care
Lateral Flow Immunoassay Development
While lateral flow immunoassay development may be considered a simple process once an antibody pair has been identified by ELISA, the reality is often very different. Expertise is required in conjugating antibodies to colloidal gold or latex particles and in assessing which components of the lateral flow strip (such as conjugate release pads and nitrocellulose membranes) are most suitable for a particular assay. These methods rely as much on technical ability as experience.
Specialist equipment is also required to undertake the development of accurate lateral flow devices beyond the early stages, including dispensing platforms and high-quality guillotine cutters to prepare lateral flow device strips.
- Custom antigen production
- Antibody raising using custom antigens as immunogens (mAbs and pAbs)
- Antigen/antibody pair optimisation in ELISA
- Initial LFD feasibility studies
- BioDot XYZ360 platform and guillotine cutting
- Prototype LFD development