AP-IgG CONJUGATION KIT
PRODUCT DETAILS – AP-IgG CONJUGATION KIT
- Liquid-based reagents – No reconstitution, just mix and go!
- Sufficient activated AP to conjugate all IgG at a 2:1 AP:IgG ratio or optimize ratio to meet your needs.
- Highly efficient AP incorporation; purification not usually necessary.
- Completely scaleable – Conjugate anywhere from 0.1 to 1 gram IgG per reaction. One chemistry for small-scale development or large-scale manufacturing.
- Conjugates have greatly improved stability compared to other chemistries.
- Shelf life of 24 to 48 months.
- No license needed for commercial use.
The AP-IgG conjugation kit utilizes a highly robust chemistry to generate highly reproducible IgG-AP conjugates with a simple procedure. Preparing stable and reproducible antibody-AP conjugates is one of the biggest challenges of developing immunoassays. The reproducibility and sensitivity of an assay depends both on the choice of enzyme and the conjugation technique used for coupling it to antibodies or antigens. Horseradish peroxidase and alkaline phosphatase are the two most commonly used enzymes in ELISA, immunohistochemistry and western blot. Enzymes have been used as detection probes for many years and are still commonly used, despite the introduction of fluorescent probes, because of their simplicity, sensitivity and broad-spectrum applications. For example, AP conjugated antibodies have been used to develop an ELISA methodology to assess Chikungunya seroprevalence in patients (Kim et al., 2019).
- Kim et al. (2019). Development of an E2 ELISA Methodology to Assess Chikungunya Seroprevalence in Patients from an Endemic Region of Mexico. Viruses. 11(5): 407.