Non-reducing SDS-PAGE gel showing purified Dengue virus serotype 1 virus-like particles; envelope protein (E) at approx. 55kDa, and prM protein running at approx. 18kD.
Dengue Virus Serotype 1 VLP
£606.69 – £2,093.70 excl. VAT
Recombinant Dengue Virus serotype 1 virus-like particles consisting of Envelope, pre-Membrane and Membrane protein produced in mammalian HEK293 cells at greater than 95% purity.
DENGUE VIRUS SEROTYPE 1 VLP
Dengue Virus Serotype 1 VLP (Virus-Like Particle) is a new, unique product that has been developed in response to the need for highly immunogenic, concentrated Dengue antigens for use in Dengue focussed disease research and vaccine development (including use as an immunogen).
- VLPs are constructed from E, M and preM proteins, with secretion from the cell aided by substituting the C terminal 20% with the corresponding Japanese Encephalitis Virus sequence (all internal/transmembrane)
- Produced in HEK293 expression system and tested for stability
- Concentration and purification by a series of ultracentrifugation and chromatographical methods which result in VLPs of exceptional quality and purity
- Cleavage of preM protein occurs naturally by furin in the cell and results in a dual population of preM and M-containing VLPs
Virus-Like Particles (VLPs) are an emerging vaccine technology. VLPs consist of protein shells comprising outer proteins specific to the virus in question. VLPs are more representative of how viral antigens are presented in vivo and while they are highly immunogenic they are non-infectious as they lack the core genetic material of the virus. Another important advantage of VLPs is that they more effectively activate key aspects of the immune response to achieve potent immune stimulation and to provide immunological memory. VLP-based vaccines have also shown to provide effective protection and are in current use for several diseases and in development for many others. With more than one-third of the world’s population living in areas at risk of transmission, dengue infection is a leading cause of illness and death in the tropics and subtropics (ref WHO for Guidelines for Diagnosis, Treatment, Prevention & Control, 2009) As many as 100 million people are infected yearly. Dengue is caused by any one of four related viruses transmitted by mosquitoes. There are no vaccines available to prevent infection with dengue virus. Dengue virus Serotype 2, Serotype 3 and Serotype 4 VLPs are also now available.
Publishing research using our reagents? Please let us know so that we can cite your publication as a reference.
1. Metz et al. (2018). Dengue virus-like particles mimic the antigenic properties of the infectious dengue virus envelope. Virol J. 2018 Apr 2;15(1):60 PMID: 29609659