SDS-PAGE: Coomassie-stained SDS-PAGE showing purified recombinant DENV2 NS1 protein.
Dengue Virus Serotype 2 NS1 Protein (HEK293)
$343.53 – $1,264.23 excl. VAT
Recombinant Dengue Virus serotype 2 NS1 protein hexamer, incorporating a C-terminal 6xHis-tag, produced in mammalian HEK293 cells at
DENGUE VIRUS SEROTYPE 2 NS1 PROTEIN (HEK293)
Dengue Virus Serotype 2 NS1 protein has been manufactured in response to the unmet need for highly purified, concentrated proteins for use in vaccine development (including use as an immunogen) and serological based diagnostic assays. Dengue Virus Serotype 2 NS1 protein is engineered on human cell lines using state-of-the-art expression techniques.
The resultant hexameric presentation is believed to be the biologically active form of NS1 involved in key aspects of dengue pathogenesis. DENV2 NS1 protein is purified to a high degree, are in their native folding state, and possess all post-translational modifications. This advanced approach results in a product which delivers optimal antigenicity due to its human origin.
PRODUCT DETAILS – DENGUE VIRUS SEROTYPE 2 NS1 PROTEIN (HEK293)
- Recombinant Dengue virus serotype 2 NS1 protein (NCBI Accession Number: P29990.1).
- Manufactured in HEK293 cells with greater than 95% purity as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- Predominantly presented in its hexameric form.
- Sequence contains amino acids 752-1127 with a C-terminal His-tag.
- Produced for Dengue virus immunoassay development.
With more than one-third of the world’s population living in areas at risk of transmission, dengue infection is a leading cause of illness and death in the tropics and subtropics (ref WHO for Guidelines for Diagnosis, Treatment, Prevention & Control, 2009) As many as 100 million people are infected yearly. Dengue is caused by any one of four related viruses transmitted by mosquitoes. There are no vaccines available to prevent infection with dengue virus.
NAC’s Dengue Virus Serotype 2 NS1 protein has been well received by a wide number of researchers. The proteins are endorsed by the Division of Infectious Disease & Vaccinology at the University of California, Berkeley. Professor Eva Harris states: “For several of our dengue research projects at the University of California, Berkeley, we had been searching for purified DENV NS1 protein from all four serotypes which could offer the advantage of being derived from a mammalian expression system. In our hands, NAC’s DENV NS1 proteins have performed extremely well in a range of applications and have helped advance our research program.”
Based on the same developmental approach as used for Dengue Virus Serotype 2 NS1 protein, NAC also offers NS1 proteins for West Nile Virus and Yellow Fever. Used in combination, the proteins are ideal for determining the integrity of vaccines in development and well as serological based IVD’s.
****SHIPPING NOTIFICATION: All NS1 products are shipped at ambient temperature. Extensive stability tests have shown no negative effects on antigen performance for 7 days of shipping. Should customers desire shipment on dry ice, this can be performed for an extra fee, please get in contact with us by phone or email.****
Publishing research using our reagents? Please let us know so that we can cite your publication as a reference.
- Chen HR et al. (2018). Macrophage migration inhibitory factor is critical for dengue NS1-induced endothelial glycocalyx degradation and hyperpermeability. PLoS Pathog. Apr 27;14(4):e1007033. PMID: 29702687
- Tam JO et al (2017). A comparison of nanoparticle-antibody conjugation strategies in sandwich immunoassays. J Immunoassay Immunochem. 38(4):355-377. PMID: 27982728
- Chen HR et al (2016). Dengue Virus Non-structural Protein 1 Induces Vascular Leakage through Macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor and Autophagy. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. Jul 13;10(7):e0004828. PMID: 27409803
- Conde JN, et al (2016). Inhibition of the Membrane Attack Complex by Dengue Virus NS1 through Interaction with Vitronectin and Terminal Complement Proteins. J Virol. Oct 14;90(21):9570-9581. PMID: 27512066