RABBIT ANTI-FLAVIVIRUS ENVELOPE PROTEIN ANTIBODY (4G2)
Rabbit anti Flavivirus Envelope protein antibody (4G2) recognises flavivirus group specific antigens (Dengue virus, West Nile Virus, Japanese Encephalitis, Yellow Fever Virus, Zika virus etc). It binds to the fusion loop at the extremity of domain II of protein E.
PRODUCT DETAILS – RABBIT ANTI-FLAVIVIRUS ENVELOPE PROTEIN ANTIBODY (4G2)
- Rabbit anti Flavivirus Envelope protein antibody, clone 4G2.
- Rabbit IgG, Kappa.
- Immunogen used was Dengue Virus type 2 antigens.
- Protein A affinity purified and supplied in PBS with 0.02% Proclin 300.
- Applications include IHC-P, NTRL, WB, ELISA, FC, IF.
This chimeric rabbit antibody was made using the variable domain sequences of mouse 4G2. It binds to flavivirus group antigen, protein E and can be used as an anti-Dengue virus antibody, anti-West Nile virus antibody, anti-Japanese Encephalitis, anti-Yellow Fever Virus or anti-Zika Virus antibody (Aubry et al., 2016) to identify cells infected with these flaviviridae. It binds to the fusion loop at the extremity of domain II of E protein from all four serotypes and prevents syncytia formation (Summers, 1989). The epitope is highly conserved amongst flaviviridae and has been functionally analyzed in detail (Crill & Chang, 2004). Please note that binding of this antibody has been reported to be sensitive to reduction and Western Blots should be performed under non-reducing conditions.
- Aubry, M. et al (2016) Inactivation of Zika virus in plasma with amotosalen and ultraviolet A illumination. Transfusion 56:33-40.
- Summers, P. et al (1989) Flaviviruses can mediate fusion from without in Aedes albopictus mosquito cell cultures. Virus Res. 12:383-392.
- Crill, W. and Chang, G. (2004) Localization and characterization of flavivirus envelope glycoprotein cross-reactive epitopes. J. Virol. 78:13975 – 8.