Mouse Anti SARS-CoV-2 Nucleoprotein Antibody (JB8)
$381.89 – $950.35 excl. VAT
Mouse anti SARS-CoV-2 nucleoprotein antibody recognizes the nucleocapsid protein of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) and SARS-CoV in ELISA. Antibody does not cross-react with HCoV-229E, HCoV-HKU1, HCoV-NL63 and HCoV-OC43. SARS-CoV-2, previously known as the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), causes the pandemic COVID-19 disease.
MOUSE ANTI SARS-COV-2 NUCLEOPROTEIN ANTIBODY (JB8)
Mouse anti SARS-CoV-2 nucleoprotein (JB8) antibody recognizes the nucleocapsid protein of SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) by ELISA. SARS-CoV-2, previously known as the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), causes the pandemic COVID-19 disease.
PRODUCT DETAILS – MOUSE ANTI SARS-COV-2 NUCLEOPROTEIN ANTIBODY (GC12)
- Mouse anti SARS-CoV Nucleoprotein monoclonal IgG antibody (clone JB8).
- Purification by Protein G to high purity.
- Presented in Phosphate Buffered Saline, pH 7.4, filter sterile.
- Antibody recognizes SARS-CoV-2 and SARS-CoV nucleoprotein and does not cross-react with HCoV-229E, HCoV-HKU1, HCoV-NL63 and HCoV-OC43 in antigen-down ELISA at a coating concentration of 0.5µg.
The severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is the causative agent of the coronavirus induced disease 19 (COVID-19) which emerged in China in late 2019, resulting in a worldwide epidemic (Zhou et al., 2020). SARS-CoV-2 is an enveloped positive-sense single-stranded RNA virus with a number of important structural proteins, including the envelope (E) protein, the membrane (M), the spike (S) protein, and the nucleoprotein (N). Nucleoproteins, also known as nucleocapsid proteins, are phosphoproteins that are capable of binding to helix and have flexible structure of viral genomic RNA. It plays an important role in virion structure, replication and transcription of coronaviruses, as it localizes in both the replication/ transcriptional region of the coronaviruses and the ERGIC region where the virus is collected. It packages the positive strand viral genome RNA into a helical ribonucleocapsid (RNP) and plays a fundamental role during virion assembly through its interactions with the viral genome and membrane protein M. It also plays an important role in enhancing the efficiency of subgenomic viral RNA transcription as well as viral replication. There is structural similarity between porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV), a member of Arteriviridae, suggesting a common origin for Coronaviridae and Arteriviridae nucleoproteins (Yu et al., 2006).
The Native Antigens monoclonal antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 nucleoprotein have been manufactured for the development of improved diagnostic assays for COVID-19.
- Yu et al. (2006). Crystal Structure of the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) Coronavirus Nucleocapsid Protein Dimerization Domain Reveals Evolutionary Linkage between Corona- and Arteriviridae. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, Vol. 281, No. 25, pp. 17134 –17139.
- Zhou P, Yang XL, Wang XG, Hu B, Zhang L, Zhang W, Si HR, Zhu Y, Li B, Huang CL, Chen HD, Chen J, Luo Y, Guo H, Jiang RD, Liu MQ, Chen Y, Shen XR, Wang X, Zheng XS, Zhao K, Chen QJ, Deng F, Liu LL, Yan B, Zhan FX, Wang YY, Xiao GF, Shi ZL. A pneumonia outbreak associated with a new coronavirus of probable bat origin. Nature. 2020 Mar;579(7798):270-273.